Monday, November 28, 2011

Crockpot Challenge: Day 15



Well friends, we're halfway there! So it seems fitting that one of my favorite eats so far would fall on this exciting day. I'm calling it Peach Pobbler. I thought it was going to be a pie, but it tasted more like a cobbler, so...




For this recipe you will need:

1 bag of frozen sliced peaches

1 pie crust

1/4 cup of brown sugar

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 stick butter

3 tbsp corn starch

3 tbsp flour

1 tsp cinnamon

1/8 tsp nutmeg






Cut a circle out of the pie crust to fit in the crockpot and set aside. Spray the crockpot with nonstick cooking spray or with Baker's Joy (oil and flour). Slice the remaining crust into little 1 inch slices and line the bottom of the pot. Mix the peaches and dry mixture together and place on top of the crust slices. Slice the butter and place on top of the peaches and then place the circle of pie crust on the top. I sliced a few places in the top so it wouldn't puff up too much. Cook on high for 2 hours.



Serve with vanilla ice cream (we love Blue Bell) and repeat over and over again "Oh my dang this is WONDERFUL!!!"




I think Finley liked it the most. You know, since he was licking the plate!

1 comment:

Windy Smith said...

I will be making pobbler very soon. Firday's grocery list is already filling up!