Monday, August 31, 2009

Root Canal Schmoot Canal

Just for those who care to know....

I showed up for my root canal, all Xanaxed up and everything, and only stayed for 10 minutes.

Why you ask?

I'll tell you. When placing the dam (sp?), the endodontist broke my tooth under the gumline and fractured my jaw. This sent me to the oral surgeon because it is considered a "surgical emergency", where my mouth and tooth and gums refused to go numb. OH YES, I WOULD NOT GET NUMB! Do you think that stopped him from drilling my tooth into a few pieces and ripping it out? Of course not. Fast-forward to today and many, many bowls of soup and yogurt later, and I now need an implant. (NOT the kind of implant I was wanting) Ahem. Google it.. go ahead.. I dare you. It is terrifying!

Know what else is terrifying?

SNAKES!

Like this one that was on our street last week. Heart. Attack. Gulp. I may never sleep again.



How have you been?

2 comments:

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

Oh that sounds awful! I have had one root canal and I used to think it was an awful experience. After reading your story, I no longer feel that way. Really my experience was a piece of cake and I am just a big baby!

Hope things go smoother with the implant.

We 2 Bees said...

OH. MY. GOSH. I can't believe it! That is crazy. You poor thing, I wondered how you were doing, now I know not good.

At least the snake wasn't inside the house.

Take care!